At Smile Design Dental Group, we are dedicated to providing our patients with a calm, relaxing environment through the use of:
- The latest in dental technology
- Dedicated professional care.
- Empathetic and caring staff
The overwhemingly positive feedback from our patients has proved that these advancements greatly improve our patient’s overall dental experience.
CariVu Cavity Detection System
The DEXIS CariVu cavity detection system is a new diagnostic tool for looking not just at your teeth, but literally inside them to see whether you have any decay. By shining a bright light into your enamel, the CariVu system illuminates your tooth from the inside, allowing us to distinguish healthy tooth tissue from that which has been damaged by decay, stress, or trauma. CariVu hugs the tooth and bathes it in safe, near-infrared light. On the resulting images, enamel appears transparent while lesions appear as dark areas. This allows the clinician to see through the tooth, exposing its structure and the actual shape and size of any carious lesions with very high accuracy.
DEXIS go is a new way for dental professionals to communicate with their patients using an iPad. DEXIS go was designed to provide the patient an image presentation in support of clinical findings and treatment recommendations.
Our office is fully computerized with Dentrix Software and all computer software is fully integrated which allows us to use digital radiography, intraoral and extra-oral cameras, imaging techniques, patient examinations and registration of all findings in the patient’s file.
DEXIS Digital Imaging is the latest innovation in radiography. Not only does digital X-rays reduce radiation significantly, it produces instantaneous, clear computer screen image allowing us to immediately discuss the findings with our patients. The digital x-rays fully integrate with the office software to synchronize patient records.
- Digital X-rays reduce radiation up to 90% than traditional X-rays. Minimizing radiation is important for everyone. It is especially valuable for children, elderly, and pregnant women.
- We save our patients from having to wait while traditional films are developed. As a result, it gives us more time to serve our patients.
- Our digital X-rays system is the only system approved by ADA and its round corners are more comfortable than the traditional film.
- Unlike the traditional X-rays, digital X-rays system has image-enhancement capabilities such as magnification, contrast, and coloring that help doctor easily evaluating of even the most complex dental conditions.
- Digital X-rays is environmental friendly by total elimination of darkroom, chemical waste, and film.
While gloves, masks, and detailed attention to careful handling are all a natural part of our daily routine, we have also invested in a state-of-the-art sterilization room. When it comes to our patient’s health, even the smallest detail matters. We sterilize all instruments after every use and all dental hand pieces with ADA approved sterilizers from Tuttnauer, a leader in sterilization.